Snow Removal Operator
POSITION: On-Call Snowplow/Equipment Operator(s)
LOCATION: Colerain Township Public Works Division
SALARY: $18-30 per hour based on qualifications
THIS IS A LIMITED TERM NON-EXEMPT POSITION.
APPLICANT(S) WILL BE SELECTED FROM THE INFORMATION SUPPLIED ON APPLICATION FORM ONLY. .
SUPERVISOR(S): Public Works Director & Public Works Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: Thompson Lawn Care is creating call out lists for snowplow equipment operators to cover seasonal job duties. Selected individuals will be placed on a call-out list based on experience to supplement the full time staff, as needed. The purpose of the position in this classification is to respond in a timely manner to snow events and assisting in completing effective and safe snow removal throughout the Charlotte and Lansing, MI areas. The position is required to perform all tasks in an effective, complete and professional manner and is responsible for adhering to all policies and values of Thompson Lawn Care while at work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Operates snowplow and salt truck to remove ice and snow from roads and assigned areas, which require early morning starts, extended hours, and weekend duty including holidays.
2. Responds in a timely manner (within 30 minutes) when called to assist in snow plowing.
3. Ensure that roads under responsibility of this position are adequately and safely plowed when required.
4. Shovel snow, grounds maintenance and other duties as assigned related to facilities and roads maintenance.
5. Performs routine equipment maintenance/repair tasks such as changing vehicle fluids, fueling, greasing, painting, etc.
6. Inspects equipment on regularly scheduled basis. Complies with safety precautions.
7. Maintains all equipment needed for snow removal.
8. Follows all safety rules, policies, and regulations. Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
9. Reports all incidents involving equipment’s functioning to Supervisor(s).
SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY: Nick Thompson(Owner).
Multiple positions available.
Please answer all questions and apply.
We will contact you for an interview.